2018 Hello Habersham cover contest ongoing
Wed, 02/07/2018 - 12:05am
The Northeast Georgian is now accepting submissions for artwork that could be featured on the cover of the 2018 Hello Habersham magazine.
Hello Habersham is the full-cover annual information guide to people, places and events in Habersham County.
Last year, Amanda Craven Moon of Hollywood was taking senior portraits at Fritchey’s Gardens & Farm Fresh Market when she captured a monarch butterfly resting atop a sunflower.
“There were tons of butterflies in the garden that day,” she told The Northeast Georgian.
Hello Habersham is a project with the Habersham County Chamber of Commerce. This year, it will focus on Habersham County’s Bicentennial Celebration. As part of that celebration, current photos of historic landmarks are encouraged, though any photo that reflects the artist’s vision of Habersham County will be considered.
The magazine will be included in the March 30 Weekend edition of The Northeast Georgian and distributed in locations throughout the county in 2018.
Criteria for entering:
• Artist must live in Habersham County;
• Artist may submit up to three pieces of art (painting, color drawing or photograph);
• Artist should submit a vertical piece of art that is proportional, fits on the cover of an 8-1/2-by-11-inch magazine and may be scanned. Photographs must be high resolution;
• Artist should leave room at the top of the artwork for the magazine logo;
• Original photography and artwork submitted become the property of The Northeast Georgian;
• Deadline for submission is 5 p.m. Friday, March 2.
For more information, contact Editor Christina Santee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 706-778-4215.