The Mountain Traveler cover contest underway
Fri, 04/13/2018 - 12:05am
The Northeast Georgian is now accepting submissions for photography that could be featured on the cover of the summer 2018 edition of The Mountain Traveler magazine.
The Mountain Traveler is a full-color regional visitor and travel guide for Northeast Georgia.
Regional Publisher Alan NeSmith invites local photographers to submit their photographic representations of summer in the region. Suggested subjects could include points of interest, natural features or scenic views. Photographs including people enjoying the surroundings will be given additional consideration.
The winner of the cover contest will receive $100, a Coke and a tour of the Georgia Mountain Press, located at The Northeast Georgian.
The magazine publishes the week of May 21 and will be distributed at visitor centers, chambers of commerce and retail outlets throughout the region during the summer.
Criteria for entering:
• Photographer must live in Dawson, Habersham, Hall, Lumpkin, Rabun, Stephens, Towns, Union or White counties;
• Photograph must be taken in Dawson, Habersham, Hall, Lumpkin, Rabun, Stephens, Towns, Union or White counties;
• Photographer can submit up to three images;
• Photographer should submit a vertical image;
• Photographs must be high resolution;
• Photographer should leave room at the top of the image for the magazine logo;
• Photography must not include a commercial entity;
• Original photography becomes the property of Community Newspapers Inc.
The deadline for submission is 5 p.m. Friday, May 4.
Qualifying images should be submitted via email to email@example.com.
For more information, call 706-778-4215.
– Staff Reports