Photo contest open for the Winter edition of Lake Living magazine
Do you have a great photo of a winter lake scene? Have you caught a fabulous fish on an area lake? Lake Living is now accepting submissions for photography that could be featured on the cover of the magazine’s winter 2019 edition.
Lake Living is a full-color regional guide to Northeast Georgia’s beautiful lakes.
Regional Publisher Alan NeSmith invites local photographers to submit their photographic representations of the region’s lakes. Suggested subjects could include points of interest, natural features or scenic views. Photographs including people enjoying the lakes will be given additional consideration.
The magazine publishes the week of Nov. 25 and will be distributed at visitor centers, chambers of commerce and retail outlets throughout the region during fall and winter.
The winner of the cover contest will receive $100.
Criteria for entering:
• Photographer must live in Elbert, Franklin, Habersham, Hall, Hart, Rabun, Stephens, Towns, Union or White counties;
• Photograph must be taken at a lake in Elbert, Franklin, Habersham, Hall, Hart, Rabun, Stephens, Towns, Union or White counties;
• Photographer can submit up to three images;
• Photographer should submit a vertical image;
• Image should be of late fall or winter scenery;
• Photographs must be high resolution;
• Photographer should leave room at the top of the image for the magazine logo;
• Photography must not include a commercial entity;
• Submission of a photo gives Community Newspapers Inc. the right to publish the photo in Lake Living magazine;
• Each entry should include the photographer's name, where and when the photo was taken, and the names of any people in the photo, if possible.
The deadline for submission is 12 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 6.
Qualifying images should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, call NeSmith at 706-778-4215.